Service Name: Adult Services
Date Posted: 19th February 2020
Full time. Permanent. 37.5 hours. Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm.
New Start is a family run not-for-profit organisation providing residential and supported accommodation services for vulnerable adults, families, and young people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within New Start’s Adult Services Department for a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be required to oversee the safety and security of the building and take responsibility for the general Health and Safety aspects of the project.
The Project Manager will provide quality housing-related support and assistance with developing life-skills, resilience and tenancy management abilities; whilst working towards suitable resettlement options.
Responsibilities as our Project Manager:
- Direct and manage the staff team based at Prospect Lodge
- Ensure the safety, welfare and security of both staff and service users whilst on shift
- Oversee the safety and security of key and fob management
- Be available during weekends and evenings as an emergency point of contact for Team Leaders (on the on-call Rota) who require further advice and guidance from a Manager
- Take ownership for the supervision of the staff team, to include conducting supervisions and appraisals
- Manage the staff rotas ensuring consistency in terms of staffing levels at all times
- Work alongside the Director of Adult Services to provide outcome information to Commissioners
- Ensure all Serious Incidents are documented on a Serious Incident Template (S.I.T) and reported to the Director of Adult Services immediately to enable a timely notification process to the Commissioning bodies
- Carry out Serious Incident Debriefs when necessary following a Serious Incident
Successful Candidate Criteria
- NVQ Level 3 and 5 in Health & Social Care
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of similar post supporting outreach services, hostel provision or a residential setting
- 3 years minimum experience of case work
- Driver with access to own vehicle
- Relevant experience / good understanding of Mainstay
- Working knowledge of barriers facing clients with repeat homelessness / eviction histories; mental health issues; substance misuse issues; refugee status and complex needs
- Knowledge and understanding of promoting Health & Safety in the Workplace, and in domestic properties
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding procedures and legislation within statutory and non-statutory services
- Knowledge of homeless services and strategies
- Previous experience of multi-agency working
This post is subject to enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure and subscription with the DBS Update Service.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV & Cover Letter to: email@example.com