Salary: £19,500 per annum, increasing to 21,000 per annum upon passing probation
Service Name: Adult Services
Date Posted: 19th February 2020
Full time. Permanent. 37.5 hours. Mon-Fri. 9am – 5pm. £30 monthly essential car user allowance.
New Start is a family run not-for-profit organisation providing residential and supported accommodation services for vulnerable adults, families, and young people.
We are recruiting for the position of a dispersed Support Practitioner, working as part of a team providing quality accommodation and support services for vulnerable adults residing within New Start’s dispersed shared and independent properties.
Responsibilities as our Support Practitioner (Dispersed)
- Provide advice and assistance to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Provide daytime visits, encompassing housing-related support and tenancy sustainment and to clients within New Start’s Dispersed Service
- Operate within the remit of New Start’s service specification, delivery model and contractual obligations
- Work within allocated time-frames for facilitating move-ins, as per the applicant’s priority status
- Ensure all new clients to the service receive a full and comprehensive induction of the property and the support service
- Devise and implement a Service Plan between the worker and the Service User to map out the immediate support actions requiring intensive assistance
- Work as part of the main Service Plan with clients to register with Property Pool Plus and develop a realistic resettlement aiming for a 6-month resettlement outcome
- Support clients to resolve debt issues
- Support clients to access voluntary work, training and work-based learning opportunities that will assist them with securing future employment
- Support clients with family mediation
Successful Candidate Criteria
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of similar post supporting outreach services, hostel provision or a residential setting
- NVQ Level 3 in Housing / Homelessness or Health & Social Care or equivalent qualifications
- Must be a driver with access to own vehicle
- Experience of casework and managing a caseload
- Experience of undertaking assessment and support planning
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Relevant experience/understanding of Mainstay systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of health, treatment and recovery referral routes within the Liverpool City Region
- Working knowledge of barriers facing clients with repeat homelessness / eviction histories; mental health issues; substance misuse issues; refugee status and complex needs
- Knowledge and understanding of promoting Health & Safety in the Workplace, and in domestic properties
This post is subject to enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure and subscription with the DBS Update Service.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org